development is alive?
A downloadable game for Windows
An in-development ASCII naval-themed game.
- Manage your guns and men to sink or capture the enemies! Learn to position your ship using wind, use the best of the artillery you have on board, carefully prepare a boarding party and struggle to grapple the enemies!
- 2 missions - a randomly generated naval fight scenario and pre-built finely balanced special scenario.
- Alpha-version of procedural world generation module included - you can create and browse your own Ocean World Of Thousand Islands.
The final goal is to create an open-world game with gameplay, utterly concentrated on trade, naval warfare and exploration. So far it has mostly only basics of naval warfare mechanics with demo-missions, and currently I am working on world generation. To summarize, the plan is to add sooner or later:
- An open world with a lot of ports and full of other ships you can interact with: merchants, navy and of course, pirates.
- Complex economical system of trading between different islands, which merchant gameplay deep enough.
- Ship management: keep track of food, gunpowder, crew; repair and replace your artillery and other equipment.
- RPG elements: captain skills and crew experience.
- Quests and civilization reputation.
- Elements of fantasy, such as ancient krakens and other mystiries.
- Better battle mechanics, including abordage as a strategy mini-game
Game is in development stage, and may contain bugs. Feel free to drop a email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Development continues after a long break!Apr 02, 2019